Information management seminars
This week, there have been two information management seminars organised by Babcock 4S for schools staff.
It was an opportunity to:
- share information
- update schools about the latest changes in data collection
- meet other teams (such as the virtual school team) and share knowledge, ideas and information.
Attendees heard from the performance, quality and audit (PQA) team at Surrey County Council, who is responsible for the performance management for the Children, Schools and Families Directorate.
The team manages performance data for early years foundation stage and key stages 1-5 attainment, special educational needs, attendance, exclusions, census data, fischer family trust - to name just a few areas.
- support schools and the school improvement service
- maintain the standards and performance website
- provide data for calculating funding
- coordinate Department of Education returns
- and administer online date systems.
Schools use the data provided by the team to monitor pupil progress, set their budgets, work with the school improvement service and plan for the future. For further information, email PQA@surreycc.gov.uk.