SEND - networking and information sharing conferences
Surrey County Council is hosting four conferences in June and July to support colleagues and partners in preparing for the introduction of new SEND (special educational needs and disabilities) legislation in September.
The aim of the conferences is to update our colleagues and partners on the headline changes in practice and culture that the legislation will introduce and what they and/or their colleagues need to know in preparing for new ways of working with children and families where there is a child or young person with SEND.
What will be covered?
- the new code of practice for SEND and its implications
- changes to culture and behaviour linked to person centred planning and co-production
- how outcome focussed assessment will affect how we meet children’s SEND including an introduction to how arrangements to support outcomes will be funded
- what the new process of applying for and participating in the new education, health and care assessment and planning will look like.
Who should come?
Everyone is welcome but this conference should be of particular interest to:
- school governors especially with SEND responsibilities
- colleagues in social care who need knowledge of how the SEND system works
- colleagues in health care (paediatric therapy, CAMHS) who need knowledge of the SEND system
- school colleagues with inclusion responsibilities who have not attended SENCO networks (we anticipate that all SENCOs will have received these briefings at network meetings but those who have not are welcome
- local or county councillors with an interest in SEND
- parents and carers who are interested in the council's response to the new legislation
- local authority colleagues who interface with the SEND system.
24 June at Epsom Downs Racecourse - contact Suzanne Dowling on 01737 737959.
25 June at Epsom Downs Racecourse - contact Linda Puttock on 01483 518993.
26 June at Sandown Park Racecourse - contact Anna Linehan on 01372 833413.
3 July at HG Wells Centre - contact Tim Coward on 01483 518814.