Squash taster lessons
Surrey Squash and Racketball Association (SSRA) would like to offer junior and primary schools in Surrey the opportunity to have free squash taster sessions.
The taster sessions will be held in your school hall during P.E. or games lessons.
Coach, Peter Crossman, is an England squash level three coach and has been coaching for over 13 years.
Peter has an inflatable squash court that he will bring to your school and he will set up three ‘stations’. One station is the inflatable court, the second station is for hand/eye co ordination and the third station is for racket skills.
With the Surrey Youth Games coming up in June and the various training sessions starting in April/May, this is the perfect time to introduce a new and exciting sport to your pupils.
Hopefully if one of your students enjoys the taster sessions, they may join a club and be ready to represent their borough at the games in June!
Why might schools and pupils be interested in squash?
- Squash is a great sport!
- Establish an after school club (either in school or at a local club).
- The sport isn't weather dependent.
- There are plenty of clubs and leisure centres in Surrey to join.
- You only need two players.
- Equipment is inexpensive (P.E. kit, indoor trainers and a racket).
- Surrey clubs offer lots of tournaments for juniors.
- SSRA clubs have structured junior coaching programmes.
- The current world ladies number one is England's Laura Massaro.
- Make new friends while having fun!
Please contact Lisa Pinggera for more information and to book your free squash session.