Celebrating success - January 2016
The following school has successfully achieved the Surery Healthy Schools silver award for their planned project to improve health and wellbeing in their school and community:
- Walsh Memorial Church of England (controlled) Infant School - emotional health and wellbeing of staff and pupils project.
The following schools have successfully achieved the Surrey Healthy Schools bronze award for their work to support health and wellbeing in their school and community:
- Broadwater School
- Oakfield Junior School
- Puttenham Church of England School
- Sandcross Primary School
- St Ann's Heath Junior School
- Busbridge Church of England Junior School
- Pirbright Primary School
- Reigate Parish Church School
- St Anne's Catholic Primary School
- St John's Primary School, Redhill
- St Mary's Church of England Primary School
- St Mary's Church of England Junior School
- St Polycarp's Catholic Primary School
- William Cobbett Primary School
- Tatsfield Primary School.
Surrey Healthy Schools provides support to ensure that wellbeing is a focus within the school ethos and culture. It assists schools in addressing their approach to pupil development, wellbeing and behaviour.
Surrey Healthy Schools, funded by Surrey County Council and Public Health, ensures that all Surrey maintained and academy schools have access to:
- PSHE, healthy eating and emotional health and wellbeing consultancy and expertise (through phone and email).
- Appropriate guidance documents relating to PSHE, relationships, sex education, drug education, healthy eating, physical activity and emotional health and wellbeing.
- Policy support for PSHE, drug education, relationships, sex education, healthy eating and physical activity.
- Termly updates on PSHE, healthy eating, physical activity and emotional health and wellbeing.
- Alerts to local and national events, guidance documents and related opportunities.
- The Surrey Healthy Schools review process, which supports the monitoring of provision for the promotion of mental and physical health and wellbeing in schools and educational establishments.
- Planning tools to support further outcomes based developments regarding mental and physical health and wellbeing.
- A PSHE framework of provision for secondary schools.
All documents can be found through the Surrey Healthy Schools website.
If you would like to engage in the Surrey Healthy Schools process, there is training on 9 March 2015. It will run from 9.15am-12.15pm at the Legacy Thatchers.
To book your place visit the Babcock website and use event code 15T/10907.