Specialised first aid course
Following the very successful initial course that ran last year for specialised first aid training for PE/sports coaching staff and Duke of Edinburgh leaders, the course is being repeated in October.
The course will cover :
- airway management
- dealing with the unconscious casualty
- concussion/serious head injuries
- spinal injuries/spinal immobilization
- soft tissue injuries (strains and sprains)
- dealing with potential fractures/dislocations
- cuts, bruises and abrasions
- recognising and treating shock
- environmental issues: dehydration, cramp, fainting, hyper/hypothermia
- when to call for help
- treatment of burns.
There is quite a lot to cover in one day so participants will need to already have a good understanding of first aid.
The course will be held at NASUWT Milestone House, Portsmouth Road, Send, GU23 7JZ on Wednesday 5 October 2016. It will run from 9.30am - 3pm.
The cost of training is £100 and will include refreshments and a sandwich lunch. If you are a Surrey maintained school, you can pay by journal.
If you would like to attend this course please complete the booking form attached with your cheque for £100 and return to:
Christine Nannozi Room 305, Surrey County Council, County Hall, Kingston upon Thames, KT1 2DN.