Leader in Outdoor Learning - Level 2 course
Become a Leader in Outdoor Learning with Surrey Wildlife Trust.
Learn how to take your classroom outside and make more use of the outdoor environment in your teaching and learning using your school grounds.
This 3 day course is accredited by the Open College Network West Midlands. You will use exciting primary curriculum linked activities to help you become a Leader in Outdoor Learning (Level 2).
During the course you will learn:
• Experience of outdoor activity ideas for core and foundation subjects
• Knowledge of research demonstrating the benefits of outdoor learning
• Skills to maximise outdoor play for learning in break times
• Ability to improve your school grounds for learning
• Awareness of wider schemes and programmes to support you
• Skills for managing classes outdoors
• Awareness of good health and safety practice and appropriate risk taking
• Identify activities to support children's interest in local wildlife
You will cover the following units for your portfolio;
• Benefits of Outdoor Learning
• Engaging children with local wildlife
• Health and Safety in the natural environment
• Learning in the natural environment
• Using and improving the school grounds and the natural environment
You will have the opportunity to visit visit a local school as part of the course to learn more about how they use their outdoor resources. You will be expected to complete a small portfolio and be able to plan and lead 3 activities within your setting. Completion is expected within 6 months. We offer portfolio advice for the duration of the course.
Course Dates (3 days): Monday 2 & Tuesday 3 March and Monday 30 March 2020 at Bay Pond Nature Reserve, High Street, Godstone RH9 8LT run 9.30am to 4.30pm daily.
Course fee is £360 (£100 deposit required when you book).
Contact Victoria Pinder 01483 663300
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a booking form. Invoices are available on request.
Visit the Surrey Wildlife Trust Events page.